
Did you know I grew up in Utah and didn't learn to ski until I was a Junior in high school!?! And then I was so cold and miserable and frustrated that I never wanted to go again? And then I married into a ski family. The January after we were married we went to Colorado for a week to ski. Every day. For a week. I really did think I was going to die. I have never hurt so much in so many places in my life as I did on that trip! So, it turns out that you have a bye if you are pregnant or have a young child, so I was off the hook for several years there, but then 3 years ago George decided it was time. We took the plunge and bought the gear for the whole fam. And I began to truly enjoy skiing! For a whole year I was not the worst skier in the group! But the 2nd year the boys surpassed me and I hold that coveted position again. So we went skiing Friday. It was so cold that after three runs I sat in the Lodge while George and his brother Richard took the boys on several more runs. Both Alan and Benson rock! It is amazing to see them improve, as well as see their talent and determination. What a great family activity!



No comments:
Post a Comment