Thursday, March 19, 2009

If You Have an Immaculate Clean House, Do Not Read This...


So I like to have my floors cleaned and my bathroom hosed down and my kitchen surfaces bleached once a week. But clutter just really doesn't get to me, until... Well, until it's so out of control that I want to have a panic attack. On Sunday I had a migraine (to be specific I had a stress headache with migraine-like symptoms) and these kind of headaches have been fewer and further between during the last two years than ever before, which has been awesome. But when I get one I'm pretty much out of commission for 2-3 days. So, nothing got done on Monday (which is the day that I usually do laundry and the three previously mentioned 'big' jobs) and I was still not at a functioning level on Tuesday (which is when I do the general pick up of clutter whether I'm bugged by it or not) and then Wednesday I volunteer in Benson's class and I had someone come to give us a bid on insulating our attic (embarrassing when I had only straitened the living room and he wanted to measure the whole house) and it was so sunny that I went on a walk until it was time to pick up the boys from school after which we went through all our photos looking for pictures to put in Alan's Autobiography, then it was time for scouts and after that we headed to my grandma's for dinner. So now it's Thursday and I just don't even want to start! Our house really is a disaster and I had to pull out the summer clothes so the boys would have clean shorts to wear! I keep telling myself that if I just pretend it's Monday I'll be able to do it all--but the truth is it's Thursday the day that I usually do something fun! I also want to kick myself for getting into such a habit of doing all these things so independently that no one else can really pick up and help me as they have not been trained to know what exactly to do!

4 comments:

Richard and Carlie said...

Haha, Liz you are so funny! I have been feeling SO lazy, seriously, when I get home from work, NOTHING gets done! I go straight to the couch and watch Jon and Kate + 8 or HGTV, (well, lately, I only get about an hour of that and then it's March Madness) :( And things are piling up and piling up and I can't even stand to think about it!

Family History said...

Liz, I admire that you have been doing a weekly schedule, I have a cleaning schedule on my frig and I have seriously struggled to keep to it, okay I don't think I've completed an entire week yet. I know the feeling of a messy house and not knowing where or wanting to even start. I'm sure you'll pull through though!!

Kami Su said...

Even those of us who spend too much time organizing and not enough time having fun, get things piled up and behind. It just sucks, but happens to us all.

Becky said...

This whole month has been bad for me. No, not scary bad, but lately the laundery has been sitting in the basket until I pick something out to wear.
Keep fighting the good fight! Someday we won't have to! That will truly be a good day in Heaven! (0: