Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Ready for Christmas (almost)

Last night George and I finished our Christmas shopping! And today I am going to wrap everything... I had actually never considered wrapping all the gifts before Christmas Eve until on our walk yesterday Sonia mentioned that was her project for the day, what a great idea (thanks soni b!)!! Sharee and I have been putting together a Nativity for our family party which is going to be soooo special. We can't wait for our cousins to arrive and we are skiing Friday so school is going to be out early around here! (And the word on the street is Rich and Car are joining us, which we hope is true because nobody around here can get enough of Uncle Richard and Aunt Carlie!) We did our first batch of Christmas Ginger Cookies Saturday, this is (another) George and Liz family tradition! Last year we made 400 cookies, we're at 270 and counting this year! I've gotten a few requests for the recipe, so here goes...

Ginger Cookies

1 1/2 C Shortening
2 C. Sugar
2 Eggs
Mix together throughly (I do these in my bosch mixer), then add

1/2 C Molasses
4 C flour
4 tsp. Soda
1 tsp. salt
1 Tbs. Ginger
2 tsp. Cinnamon
Mix until dough pulls away from the sides of the bowl

Roll into balls, then roll in sugar

Cook at 350 degrees for 10 minutes (they will begin to get cracks on
them and flatten out, then I leave them on the cookie sheet for 5 min.
before putting them on a cooling rack)

Makes 30-40 cookies

They're super yummy, but a little time consuming so hopfully we've delivered some to you so you don't have to make your own! Merry Christmas everybody!

3 comments:

Richard and Carlie said...

I'm so happy you have a blog! See you tomorrow!! (That feels weird to say that!)

Becky said...

I will have to try the cookies! I am on the hunt for great recipes!!!
Hope you have a very Merry Christmas! We wish we were there, but things her are awesome, too!!!

Sonia B said...

The cookies sure were tasty. Although my plan was to wrap presents, sadly it has still not happened. I may be doing the Christmas Eve thing ;).